- Browse by Resource
- Publications and Documents
- Nashville Region's Vital Signs
Nashville Region's Vital Signs
The Vital Signs Report is a product of collaboration among the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce and GNRC. For nearly a decade, Vital Signs has illuminated issues impacting Middle Tennessee’s economic well-being and quality of life, serving as a resource for elected and appointed officials and business and community leaders. Vital Signs considers each issue and pairs data from the Census and other sources with original survey data from a survey of Middle Tennessee residents – providing an analysis of the issues before the region and how Middle Tennesseans feel about those issues.
Vital Signs 2021 addresses four issues impacting the Middle Tennessee region:
- Aiding Middle Tennesseans in securing needed training, education, or certification to compete and thrive in the evolving workforce.
- Providing childcare that is high quality, affordable, and accessible for Middle Tennesseans.
- Addressing housing affordability – creating affordable housing across incomes and proximate to work.
- Tackling transportation challenges, including onerous commutes, given Middle Tennessee’s limited transit options.
The issues, challenges, and opportunities presented in Vital Signs 2021 must receive continued thought, action, and collaboration across sectors for the continued prosperity of the Middle Tennessee region. Read the press release by clicking here.