May 21, 2021
Notice of Public Meetings - June 2021
PUBLIC NOTICE FOR JUNE 2021
Notice of Public Meetings and Public Comment Opportunities related to the Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) and its Boards and Committees
Notice is hereby given that the following will meet during regular sessions for the purposes of considering and transacting business on behalf of the GNRC and its membership.
• Transportation Coordinating Committee (TCC) – The TCC will meet at 2 Victory Avenue, Suite 300, Nashville, TN 37213* on June 2 at 10:30 a.m. for the purposes of developing recommendations to be considered by the Transportation Policy Board.
• Mid-Cumberland Area Development Corporation Board of Directors (MADC) – A federally-recognized Certified Development Company administered by GNRC will at 220 Athens Way, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37228* on June 3 and June 17 at 1:30 p.m. to conduct regular business related to the approval of small business loans backed with federal resources.
• Finance and Personnel Committee (F&P) – Will meet at 220 Athens Way, Nashville, TN 37228* on June 8 at 10:00 a.m. for the purposes of developing recommendations to be considered by the Regional Council’s governing body.
• Transportation Policy Board (TPB) – Will meet at 211 Athens Way, Nashville, TN 37228* on June 16 at 10:15 a.m. to conduct business related to regional transportation policy and plans of the Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization.
• Executive Board (XB) – Will meet at 211 Athens Way, Nashville, TN 37228* on June 16 at 11:30 a.m. to conduct business on behalf of GNRC membership.
Further notice is given that the most up to date information about public meetings is posted online at GNRC.org. *Please check the website or call 615-862-8828 for the latest information about public meeting times and locations or other items of public notice.
Documents for Public Review
GNRC is seeking public review and comment on the following item(s). Comments may be submitted in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the document name in the subject line. Items will be posted for review at https://www.gnrc.org/PublicNotices.
• Amendments to the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) – The TIP is a short-range program of grants made available to roadway and transit projects across the Nashville metropolitan area from the Federal Highway Administration and Federal Transit Administration. The TIP satisfies the public participation requirements for the program of projects for WeGo Public Transit, the Franklin Transit Authority, and the Murfreesboro Rover. A public hearing is scheduled in conjunction with the TPB meeting on June 16.
• Amendments to the Unified (Transportation) Planning Work Program (UPWP) – The UPWP provides information about how federal funds are being used for transportation planning activities across the metropolitan area. A public hearing is scheduled in conjunction with the TPB meeting on June 16.
About the GNRC
GNRC is established by the TN General Assembly as an association of local governments empowered to convene local and state leaders for the purposes of planning and programming state and federal investments into a range of social services and public infrastructure. GNRC serves as the region’s federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD), and Economic Development District (EDD).
GNRC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, limited English proficiency, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed or disability in admission to, access to, or operations of its programs, services, or activities. Complaints or requests for accommodation should be directed to Grant Kehler, Non-Discrimination Coordinator, 220 Athens Way, Suite 200, Nashville, TN 37228, phone number 615-862-8828.